This position is now filled
Events and Fundraising Intern
London • Expenses only • Internship
Key Selling Bullet Point 1
- This internship is perfect for someone interested in a career in fundraising and/or events, who wants to find out more about the different areas of work.
- The intern will gain a thorough understanding of how special and challenge events contribute to charity fundraising, whilst also gaining broader knowledge about how a fundraising team operates.
About usEach year millions of people around the world feel the effects of natural disaster and conflict. RedR is an international charity that improves the effectiveness of disaster relief, helping save and rebuild the lives of people affected by disaster worldwide. We do this by delivering essential training and capacity building services to relief organisations and their staff.
Our work helps to ensure that the right people with the right skills are responding to global emergencies, and enables both local and international relief workers to react to the needs of those affected by disaster, efficiently and safely.
Why work for usWe value the contribution each employee makes to RedR and therefore offer a wide range of benefits to UK-based and international staff.
RedR is People in Aid-accredited and good people management is at the heart of all our activities.
RedR is also a member of the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) and is committed to ensuring accountability in all of our activities, as well as prioritising the safety of its staff.
Job DescriptionThe Events Intern will support the fundraising team to successfully deliver a number of important events, helping to raise vital funds, thank supporters and cultivate key relationships.
Duties will include supporting the Corporate and Events Coordinator with preparation for events including:
• An exclusive event at The BT Tower – to include event promotion, preparation of materials and presentations, dealing with guest enquiries, sending guest communications, organising raffle prizes, and attending the event as a key part of the event delivery team
• The BCI Awards (a black-tie event with 1200+ guests at which RedR is the beneficiary charity) – assisting with preparation for a silent auction and casino, preparation for volunteers, attending on the evening to support the event manager
• The role will require the intern to assist with administrative tasks including data entry, running reports, printing and posting materials, but will also allow responsibility for specific projects, and to contribute ideas to the team
• Carrying out ad hoc research into future event ideas and sourcing opportunities for RedR to become the beneficiary of corporate industry events and new business prospects
• Taking charge of the Events Inbox, monitoring enquiries and responding effectively
The Successful ApplicantEssential
• Interest in or experience of events management and fundraising
• Willingness to get involved with a wide variety of activities and tasks
• Good time management skills and ability to use initiative to solve problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Computer literacy in MS Office
• Understanding of the humanitarian/international development sector
• Experience of fundraising or events work for a UK charity
• Experience of using Salesforce and InDesign software
What's on OfferLocation:
RedR UK, 250a Kennington Lane, London SE11 5RD
3-6 months (from September 2017 onwards)
Flexible (2 days per week minimum)
This is an unpaid position however, RedR will reimburse lunch expenses up to £5 per day and reasonable travel expenses up to £13