Planning and Technical Undergraduate
South West • Salary: £15,600 pro rata + 5% bonus pro rata • Internship
Key Selling Bullet Point 1
- Gain practical experience with the planning and technical team
- 10 month paid placement – sandwich year Sept 2018 – June 2019
About usIt all began in 1958 when Sir Lawrie Barratt built Britain’s very first Barratt home near Newcastle. The business continued to grow throughout the 1960s and we were listed on the stock exchange in 1968. Our iconic advert featuring Patrick Allen in the helicopter followed shortly after.
In the 1980s we created the Oakleaf brand and were the first house builder to offer part-exchange to our customers, enabling more people to buy a new home than ever before.
By the 1990s, Sir Lawrie had stepped down from regular involvement in the business and Barratt Homes had well and truly become a household name in Britain.
And now we include some of the sector’s most successful brands: Barratt Homes, David Wilson Homes, Barratt London and Wilson Bowden Developments.
Combined, these businesses build and sell thousands of new homes and commercial and mixed use properties. We provide homes for all incomes, including shared ownership, helping meet Britain’s growing housing needs in towns and rural areas across the country. Once again we've achieved 5 star house builder status – the only major national house builder to have been awarded the maximum rating for eight years in a row. It's also the twelfth year we've won more NHBC Pride in the Job awards than any other house builder.
So, as a high performing business we’re offering a fantastic opportunity to people who are looking to develop a career in an exciting and rapidly developing industry.
Why work for usWe understand the importance of providing each and every one of our employees with the opportunity to develop their skills and achieve their ambitions. That’s why everyone within the Barratt Group, without exception, has access to learning and career development, and is actively encouraged to fulfil their potential.
Job Description• Support in the preparation of planning applications and their progression through to a determination
• Help brief external consultants
• Help prepare the planning and design programme
• Ensure all statutory consultees are engaged
• Attend Public Consultations and Exhibitions as required
• Assist the Technical Team in the delivery of information to sites to enable construction works to commence
• Support and assist in the negotiation of s106 Agreements.
• General liaison and coordination between other parties, both internal and external
• Respond to site queries and resolve technical/construction issues
• Assist in the discharge of planning conditions following the grant of planning permission
• Assist in attendance of pre application meetings with Councils
• Assist in the updating of the Group Planning Tracker
The Successful Applicant• Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
• Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs.
• Self–disciplined, with demonstrably good time management skills and the ability to manage a number of priorities.
• Ability to multi-task, and work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
• Team player, supportive of colleagues.
What's on OfferSalary: £15,600 pro rata + 5% bonus pro rata
To apply send your CV and cover letter to Andy Cattermole, Technical and Planning Manager at:
Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal chat please call Andy on Tel: 01392 826 750
Closing date for applications 28th February 2018