ROLLS-ROYCE MOTOR CARS - 13 MONTH INTERNSHIP - WOODSHOP MANUFACTURING (JULY 2018)
South Coast • £17,500 pro rata • Internship
Key Selling Bullet Point 1
- You will have hands on experience from day one.
- Gain practical insight into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer.
About usThe UK has an important role to play within the BMW Group. It is the only place in the world where all three of BMW Group’s brands – BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars – are represented by manufacturing operations.
The growth of BMW Group’s UK operations has been significant. MINI Plant Oxford, the heart of MINI production, began producing MINIs in 2001 and has now produced over three million. BMW Plant Hams Hall started producing 4-cylinder petrol engines in 2001. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited began manufacturing vehicles at its Goodwood plant in 2003. MINI Plant Swindon has been the main supplier of MINI body panels since 2005.
In addition to its manufacturing sites, BMW Group also has a UK Sales and Marketing subsidiary in Farnborough with a Vehicle Distribution Centre in Thorne, near Doncaster.
As BMW Group has grown in the UK, so have our environmental responsibilities. Protecting the environment is an obligation we take very seriously. All our manufacturing plants worldwide are certified to the International Management Standard ISO 14001. To achieve this we have established a series of improvement programmes that we actively develop and monitor.
BMW Group employs around 8,000 people directly in the UK with an additional 14,000 in its 147-strong Retailer network representing BMW and MINI brands. The company has invested nearly £2 billion in its UK operations since 2000. The UK is BMW Group’s fourth largest sales market in the world.
Why work for usWhether you’re studying for your Bachelor or Masters, you’ll always find opportunities to put theory into practice with us – complementing your studies with invaluable real-life work experience.
As a global leader in our field, we’re constantly searching for next-generation pioneers in a broad range of functions to help us continue shaping the future of automotive. With us as a partner, you’ll really be able to put your talent to work and benefit from valuable financial support while you explore different career options. You’ll get to know our working culture up close, and develop the important contacts you need to enhance your chances of securing the career you’ve always wanted once you graduate.
Putting theory into practice is the best way to learn and the ideal introduction to working life. With this in mind, BMW Group offers internships for 3rd year students that help you to increase your knowledge of technology, business processes and corporate culture. As an intern you'll have the chance to develop valuable teamwork skills, build up a network of professional contacts and gain insights into the different job areas within BMW Group. Our internships run for six or twelve months and require students to be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree.
Job DescriptionThe Woodshop at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is split into two distinct parts, this role will cover management support for the processes of Lacquering, Sanding, Polishing, Milling and assembly. The management team consists of 6 Process Supporters, two Process Leaders and a Production Manager, during your time at Rolls-Royce you will gain hands-on experience through supporting these positions carrying out tasks from the day to day running through to longer term strategic improvements.
• Analysing and optimising of the existing production and the flow of material between the departments
• Support the ordering process for production consumables
• Support and implementation of quality improvement
• Improve efficiency and versatility of production machinery
• Analyse and optimise Kanban levels and implement improvements
• Supporting the implementation of VPS (Value added production system) principles throughout the Wood process
The Successful ApplicantCORE QUALIFICATIONS
• You need to be a student enrolled in an Engineering or Business related course / studies. Any knowledge in Wood Technology or similar would be an advantage, however not a requirement.
• Ideally you will have completed any of the following - 3D design / product design / Wood tech / resistant materials B.Tech or A level course at 6th Form or technical college.
• You need to be able to work independently and have the ability to organise yourself as well as be able to work in the team environment.
• You will be required to work from your own initiative taking projects and tasks from concept through to a complete and implemented solution.
What's on OfferWe offer a competitive salary of £17,500 per annum and a range of benefits including a pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and a subsidised on-site restaurant. As an intern you will also have the opportunity to take part in the testing of new vehicles through one of our car schemes. Throughout your internship you will be supported by our experts in your chosen field, as well as being surrounded by many fellow interns.
Applications close on Sunday 28th January 2018.