This position is now filled
Volunteer Recruitment and Events Intern
London • Expenses only • Internship
Key Selling Bullet Point 1
- Assist the Volunteer Recruitment Team providing travel and project advice to potential volunteers through over-the-phone consultations and live chat support.
- Assist with the promotion of Frontier projects to target audiences through direct mailings, advertisements, public relations, promotional literature, social media promotion, fairs and face-to-face presentations.
About usFrontier was established in 1989 as a non-profit conservation and development non-governmental organisation (NGO) dedicated to safeguarding biodiversity and ecosystem integrity and building sustainable livelihoods for marginalised communities in the world's poorest countries.
Our first projects were in Tanzania, one of the world's poorest countries. Carrying out groundbreaking surveys in remote forest, savannah, and marine environments, our dedicated teams of volunteers set about building a comprehensive picture of areas that were heretofore ignored, despite being, as we discovered, among the most biodiverse areas in the world.
Why work for usIn over 25 years of operation we have completed countless successful projects in Asia, the Americas, Africa, the Pacific and in Europe.
Our projects have led to genuine and sustainable progress in the protection of endangered species and threatened ecosystems, and the empowerment of vulnerable communities.
As such, we are in an excellent position to offer those who are seeking a career in conservation or development a great inroad into the sectors.
• Providing information and advice to potential volunteers through telephone consultations and live chat software.
• Contributing to Frontier’s online outreach strategies, including blogs and social media, pertaining to our events program.
• Helping design and produce materials for Frontier presentations at schools and universities. -
• Proofing and other written materials.
• Helping write and design press releases, articles and promotional literature, and source suitable publications for promotion.
• Editing Photo Library.
• Presentations to school groups and representation at careers fairs and exhibitions.
• Assisting with weekly event booking targets.
• Updating contact lists, including educational institutions, suppliers and media contacts, listings in books, websites, magazines and directories.
• Office logistics, filing, preparing invoices, reading and responding to emails, database maintenance and mailing.
The Successful Applicant• Educated to degree level
• Fluent English
• Proven public speaking experience
• Experience of working within an office environment
• Experience of office administration procedures
• Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills
• Excellent telephone manner
• Good time management
• Commitment to organisational values.
• Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint
• Commitment to conservation
• Flexible Approach
• Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
• Self driven, results orientated with positive outlook
What's on OfferContract Duration:
3 or 6 months with the possibility of extension
4 days a week, 10:00 – 17:30
Travel allowance available