Programmes and Funding Intern
London • Expenses only • Internship
Key Selling Bullet Point 1
- Valuable experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Professional and personal development; and the possibility of attending relevant RedR courses and talks.
About usEach year millions of people around the world feel the effects of natural disaster and conflict. RedR is an international charity that improves the effectiveness of disaster relief, helping save and rebuild the lives of people affected by disaster worldwide. We do this by delivering essential training and capacity building services to relief organisations and their staff.
Our work helps to ensure that the right people with the right skills are responding to global emergencies, and enables both local and international relief workers to react to the needs of those affected by disaster, efficiently and safely.
Why work for usWe value the contribution each employee makes to RedR and therefore offer a wide range of benefits to UK-based and international staff.
RedR is People in Aid-accredited and good people management is at the heart of all our activities.
RedR is also a member of the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) and is committed to ensuring accountability in all of our activities, as well as prioritising the safety of its staff.
Job DescriptionThe main duties of the role are as follows:
ADMINISTRATION & FINANCE
• Arrange travel, accommodation and visas for staff and Associate Trainers travelling abroad following RedR travel, safety and security procedures if required
• Process invoices, expense claims, and record financial information as needed
• Update, develop and maintain the Salesforce database, files and information management
• Transfer materials library to SharePoints
• Manage RedR’s Operational Manual updates and work on format and layout
• Provide support on events organised by RedR
MONITORING, EVALUATION, QUALITY AND LEARNING
• Support the collation of M&E data at a global level
• Provide back-up support for regions in collating monitoring data (intervention statistics), and occasionally support project level qualitative data analysis (quote bank)
• Support the development of case studies around the impact of RedR’s work if required
• Support setting up, distributing and analysing the results of follow up surveys in Survey Monkey
• Update donor mapping/funding priorities
• Proof read proposals
• Check donor guidance and eligibility for funds.
• Research on funding trends and scan funding opportunities
Any other reasonable tasks or duties as required by RedR UK.
The Successful ApplicantESSENTIAL
• An interest or experience in humanitarian relief and international development
• A commitment to our humanitarian mission and values
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills
• Previous cross cultural work / voluntary experience
• Initiative, enthusiasm and a proactive, problem-solving approach to new challenges
• Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
• Good skills in the use of MS Office, email, internet
• Experience and / or interest in the collation of information and data analysis
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Cheerful, hands-on and methodical attitude
• Ability to prioritise tasks and manage own workload.
• Experience working with Excel and databases is an advantage
• Additional languages, particularly Arabic, French or Spanish.
What's on OfferLocation:
RedR UK, 250a Kennington Lane, London SE11 5RD
6 months minimum (1 month probationary review)
2 or 3 days per week (21 hours, flexible days) and leave periods
This is an unpaid position however, RedR will reimburse lunch expenses up to £5 per day and reasonable travel expenses up to £13
Valuable experience in the humanitarian sector; professional and personal development; and the possibility of attending relevant RedR courses and talks.
September/Early October 2017